I started tackling a project this week that has been on my to-do list for as long as I've known my husband.
When he was a teenager, he worked as a manager of a pizza place where he grew up. It was literally next door to his high school. One day they decided to throw away one of their booths because it was "broken". Well, it wasn't really broken. Alex took it home and fixed it and it sat on the porch of his mom's house until this week when it was reborn!
First I had to pry the back pad part off with a garden hoe.
I pretty much broke it in the process but when I reattach it I'll just put an extra screw through the back. No prob!
I had to sand and wash it down first but I really didn't go overboard with either. Sand paper and elbow grease followed by a big sponge and soapy water in a bucket. Here's what I used.
|Basically, whatever was already in the shed..|
Then I drew out a plan for the colors and went to town!
Obviously I still need to redo the back pads but that part will wait for next week. I'm going fabric shopping this weekend for something either black or dark gray and weather proof. I'm redoing this bench but I'm also recovering the backs and seats of our weight machine. Yeah, I lift.