Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Art

I've been seeing really great Christmas art on pinterest but I just can't bring myself to spend money on anything. Buying Christmas gifts is a big enough stress on our finances without spending for the sake of decoration.




I still have a small collection of my old art pieces up in a closet so I took a decent sized one down and went to work.

I painted her bald at first and I always regretted not leaving her that way. I didn't even bother finishing it.

Step 1: Flip over canvas and give the back an even coat of black acrylic paint. (I used folded strips of printer paper to protect the wood) It didn't show through at all to the painting on the other side of mine. Let dry completely.

Step 2: Pick something you like and go to town with the white sharpie paint pen. (or paint and a skinny brush would work too)

  

VoilĂ 



I propped it up for this picture but I used one of those sticky strips for hanging hooks to hang it. 
If you need me, I'll be in my bathrobe and jammies watching Clark Griswold make a mess of the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment